Friday, May 21, 2010

Bots on Social Marketing

Facebook and Twitter are all the rage and yes, I joined in, too. The time to keep up with all the tweets and wall messages overwhelms. So, I see that people have resorted to automated services. They automatically generate replies and follow people who follow you. I notice the same canned messages coming in over and over.

So, how many of the communication is from real people and how much of it is just bots talking to other bots?

Last month, with my mother dying, I traveled to Seattle to see her. I tweeted this. No one responded. Just the same messages came in as before. Now personally, I don't care but the implication for actual communication that is occuring is large.

One has to measure the amount of authentic communication that is occuring in this media.

No comments:

Post a Comment