Friday, May 7, 2010

How Many Books to Read?

The number of books on personal financial planning, business success, and personal growth are overwhelming. The number of blogs and websites are even worse. Worst of all, many of them contradict one another. I'm a CPA with years of experience and even I am overwhelmed by the volume of the literature.

I suggest not reading too many books. Yes, I know that this seems to contradict the output of this blog but if you notice, major authors are not here. I like to read this stuff because it's fun and interesting as well as rewarding. You don't have to.

The most important thing about having a plan is that you have one. It may not be the best one but as long as it's not really bad, you're better off following one than going through life aimlessly.

I suggest that everyone gets just one book and reads it thoroughly. Know it inside and out. You'll be better off than having a library of books which you know only in passing.

No comments:

Post a Comment