Sunday, March 14, 2010

Change Bad Thoughts to Good Thoughts

Stop thinking, "I have to do ____." Replace it with, "I choose to do _____."

Here are four other negative thoughts to convert:

1) "I must finish." Instead, "When can I start?"

2) "This is so very, very big!" (My largest hangup.) Instead, "I'll take just one small step."

3) "I must be perfect." Try, "I can be human." (Sadly, too many times I turned in work that was both imperfect and late. - By commencing on a project timely, at least I eliminate one of the flaws.)

4) "I don't have time to play." Replace this with, "I must make time to play." For me, this means scheduling a me-break.

Now the problem becomes of when shall we begin the process of replacement of those bad thoughts with the good ones. I guess, we have to stop procrastinating, sometime. Just make the decision and do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment