Sunday, June 6, 2010

Summary of the Laws of Success

Here’s a summary of Napoleon Hill’s Laws of Success:

1. A definite chief aim
2. Self confidence
3. Habit of saving
4. Initiative and leadership
5. Imagination
6. Enthusiasm
7. Self-control
8. The Habit of doing more than paid for
9. Pleasing personality
10. Accurate thinking
11. Concentration
12. Co-operation
13. Profiting by failure
14. Tolerance
15. Practicing the golden rule

Are these laws all there is? I just cannot help but think of those folks on American Idol who seem to be so determined to become singing stars but cannot sing. At some point, being smart in the selection of one’s work becomes a necessity. On the other hand, I’ve spent years of my life on jobs that were “safe” but I did not like while avoiding those that I wanted because they were not safe. There has to be a trade-off between following one’s dreams and monetizing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment